The NodeBB team is proud to announce that the latest version of our forum software was released on Friday, 14th February (Happy Valentines Day)! This version contains several bug fixes, improvements, amazing features, and even more translations.
Keep up to date with the progress our awesome translation team is making at Transifex.
What’s new in NodeBB v0.3.2
At a Glance
- New Languages – Swedish (sv), Russian (ru), Italian (it), and Hebrew (he). NodeBB now supports 20 languages! Please join our translation team if you’re proficient in another language.
- Flagging a post now requires a confirmation step
- Post composer UI enhancements
- Administrators can now see "invisible" users
- Upvoting and Downvoting
- Optional Pagination instead of infinite scrolling
- Ability to preview a post before submitting it
- Refactoring of the RSS system (thanks @miksago and @TeamKano!)
- Better handling of cache busters in non-git environments
themes_pathin case your theme is not an npm package
- Warnings when a NodeBB install does not satisfy a plugin’s
- Performance enhancements re: Notification pruning
- Ability to use a different config file if defined via
- Lots of bug fixes!
Upvoting / Downvoting
The favourite button no longer awards reputation – this is now handled by the new upvote/downvote functionality. We’ve already seen one plugin that takes advantage of this system.
Read more about the latest official NodeBB theme on this blog post.
Get it on Github:
Convoe (in development)
Everytime I look at this theme, it just gets better and better.
Another dark theme (there seems to be a pattern here!) this time by @frissdiegurke. It gives a dark, fluid width to Vanilla while taking full advantage of the Category API on the Home page. Find the download link on the original post.
Eight new plugins have been released so far since we released 0.3.1 two weeks ago. Have a look at the 50+ plugins available in our plugin directory.
- Downvoter – Applies a neat opacity effect to downvoted posts (up to the point where the post totally disappears)
- LiveReload – Useful developmental plugin, allowing you to instantly view updates to your theme/code as soon as you hit save in your IDE.
- Emoji Extended – A whole new set of Emoji, see the screenshot below to see it in action.
- Plugin Finder – A management tool for easily finding new plugins on NPM and installing them.
- Imgur Uploader – Upload images via the Imgur API
- AWS S3 Uploader – A much awaited plugin. Stores your uploads in AWS S3. Thanks to @miksago and @TeamKano for contributing back to NodeBB.
- Colors – Allows users to format text colors using a markdown-like syntax.
- Blog Comments – Lets you use NodeBB as your blog’s commenting engine. Currently works with Ghost and future iterations will have WP compatibility. Check out the comments section below to see it in action!