It’s been four months since we last posted about NodeBB v1.1.0. Since then we’ve released three new minor versions (we’re too busy coding to blog apparently!). Here’s a summary about what’s new with our forum software.
- New chat interface: support for multiple users in a chat room and the ability to rename chats (screenshot)
- Bottom sheets for mobile (screenshot)
- "Replies to this post"
- Improved composer layout on mobile
- Zen Mode: compose messages in a distraction-free fullscreen mode
- New privileges: Ability to restrict file and image uploads on a per-category basis (screenshot)
- Simpler and more flexible register/login page designs
- Optional ability to configure timestamp "timeago" cutoffs – instead of "two months ago", you can opt to see the full date instead
For developers, we’ve got some interesting improvements as well:
- Significantly improved test coverage
- Translator refactored for greater efficiency
- Build step is now separated from startup
Better end-user documentation & How-to videos
We’ve always had a very good developer documentation portal, but what was lacking until recently has been documentation for administrators and moderators. In the past few months we’ve made a commitment to release a new how-to video once a week as well as updating our knowledge base and FAQs.